Latin American History | Military History | United States History
A hunting horn emblem with its mouthpiece on the left. The European Style number “1” and Letter “L”are displayed against a cutout field within its loop. Two fastening prongs with holes are present on the reverse side. The author believes that this object was fastened to a forage cap identifying the First Light Infantry Regiment.
Regiment Emblem “1-er Primer Regimiento de Infanteria Legéra Permanente” Forage Cap Insignia Ca. 1839-1848 Plate # Dug at ruins at Estancia Vaqueria de las Animas San Luis Potosi, Mexico Collection: Port Isabel Historical Museum Port Isabel, Texas
.JPG, 1 Photograph, 331 KB
Manuel Hinojosa Mexican War Collection, UTRGV Digital Library, The University of Texas – Rio Grande Valley. Accessed via https://scholarworks.utrgv.edu/mhinojosa