Oral history 00556
Download Oral History (55.7 MB)
- 00:00 - Continuation of part 02.
- 00:40 - Naming of the state archives building and Lorenzo de Zavala.
- 03:35 - Historical preservation.
- 08:00 - Other issues that came un in the 1970's beginning with killer bees.
- 12:50 - Pieces of legislation the Raul sponsored and co-sponsored.
- 19:10 - How Raul would solve the financial crisis if he were still in the Legislature.
- 21:55 - Earline's opinion.
- 25:45 - What makes a good judge.
- 27:14 - Malpractice.
- 30:30 - What Raul has been doing lately (1987).
- 36:30 - What makes a good juror.
- 40:44 - What can be done about the probation system that can help people reintegrate to society.
- 48:14 - Drugs and morals.
- 55:00 - What can be done to educate children about drugs.
- 57:40 - Conclusion.
- 58:48 - Overrun from tape two.
Compressed from a .wav format into a .mp3 access format at 128kbps.
Interview conducted on 27 May 1987 by Robert E. Norton. Digital transfer completed on 8 January 2014 from the original analog cassette tape. Part 3 of 3.
Rio Grande Valley Oral Histories Collection; Raul Longoria Longoria and Earline Moorman Longoria - Part 03, 1987/05/27. ELIBR-0027. University Library, Special Collections and University Archives, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Edinburg, TX. Accessed via https://scholarworks.utrgv.edu/rgvoralhistories/306